Direct mail is a great way to reach new customers. While e-mails might be free, direct mail is still one of the best ways to reach new and keep in contact with existing customers. Here are just five reasons why direct mail is an important part of your marketing strategy.
5) Direct mail increases web traffic. This might seem strange, but according to a survey of 5,000 visitors to retail websites over 60% of direct mail recipients were influenced to visit a website promoted by the mail they had received.
4) Direct mail increases online sales. According to a study by the US Postal Service, direct mail recipients purchased 28% more items and spent 28% more money than people who were not direct mail recipients. The study also noted a revenue lift of 163% for websites supported by direct mail as opposed to those that were not.
3) Consumers like the interactive nature of direct mail. Handling a physical item helps consumers connect to a brand and it leaves a more lasting impression.
2) Direct mail has a longer shelf life. While an e-mail usually only lasts for a few minutes before being lost in the inbox or deleted, mail items last for days on counters and coffee tables.
1) You’ll get less competition. With digital offers more common than ever, e-mail inboxes are now more cluttered than mailboxes. With direct mail, your offer is less likely to get lost among competitive offers.